Moonshell is the default media player for the CycloDS.
You can download v1.71 from the CycloDS website here.
How to Rip DVDs using DVD Shrink
- Install DVD Shrink onto your PC. You can download it here.
- Start DVD Shrink and insert a DVD into your computer.
- Select Edit - Preferences - Output Files, and deselect the option 'Split VOB files into 1GB chunks'. Then click OK.
- Now use the 'Open Disc' button in the top left corner, and select 'OK' in the box that appears.
- When finished you will need to select the 're-author' button.
- Click on the parts you want, found in the 'Main Movie' section on the right, then drag them across to the 'DVD Structure' section on the other side.
- Now click 'Backup' from the top menu. It will then ask you where to put the movie. Specify the location and click 'OK'. The movie is now backed up onto your hard drive.
How to Convert Videos into .DPG using SUPER
- Install SUPER. Download it here.
- In the top left of the program you will see a drop down box, labelled 'Output Container'. Select 'Nintendo - DS (dpg).
- In the bottom box (below 'Streaming Link'), right click and select 'Add Multimedia File'. Select the video you wish to convert.
- Right click again, this time selecting 'Output File Saving Management'. Specify the destination of the converted file.
- To start conversion, click 'Encode'.
- Once converted, rename as necessary and place it on your MicroSD card.